Nottingham and London based cable cam hire and filming, available worldwide!
Our Cable Cam is ideal for point to point filming over crowds or through forested areas, making it easy to get smooth, dynamic shots in challenging environments. We use the latest streamline cable cam, with powerful motors, high strength aramid rope and remote downlink capabilities.
This means we have the capability to fly our camera at over 50kmph, or glide super slowly along up to a 100m distance, or more if required. We only require two sturdy points for rigging, which means our system is super versatile to get epic aerial video shots in locations where other aerial platforms are not an option.
Cable Cam Capabilities
- Indoor or outdoor
- Live Broadcast capable
- Adaptable to fit payload of your choice, up to 15kg lifted
- Safe over crowds, with secondary line available to ensure safety.
- Super slow to >30mph, up to 10% gradient at Max payload
How does our Cable Cam work?
Our Cable Cam system uses a single cable anchored between two points. These anchoring points can be fixed on to an existing structure or tree, making setup of the line quick and easy. The Cable Cam employs a powerful battery powered DC motor on the trolley to drive along the cable, and is able to carry up to 15kg along a 10% elevated incline. Power is provided by super high capacity on-board lithium polymer battery, meaning there is no need for a mains supply.
The Cable Cam is controlled wirelessly via a digital controller with a 1km range. The camera is also connected to a wireless video system to send and display 1080p fullHD video with zero latency to a monitor at the operator station, so you can be sure that you are capturing a perfect, precisely framed shot.
Cable Cam vs Drone
We get asked a lot about the differences between getting aerial shots with a cable cam and with a drone. There are a few key differences for you to be aware of:
- Drones cannot operate within 150m of crowds in the UK. Our cable cam with a safety line can operate directly over the top of a crowd, with suitable anchor points.
- Our cable cam can ‘fly’ through areas such as trees that would be too tight or dangerous for a drone to fly in.
- The cable cam is fixed to a A-B track, additional lines can be added but the route is pretty fixed, unlike a drone that has free motion.
Our Range of Services
What else can we do for you?
Take your production to a higher level with our custom aerial services. From 4k filming to super high quality photography, we have the capabilities to make your dream possible.
Got a really complicated project? We specialise in making those difficult projects possible by combining our skills, equipment and experience in unique ways
We offer a fully comprehensive video production service, taking a project from concept generation through to production and delivery.